Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spinach Stuffed Pork Loin



I apologize for the poor pictures. Photography is not my speciality. Also, I didn't have any kitchen string so I used toothpicks to hold it together.
Spinach stuffed porkloin

1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
4 slices swiss cheese
2 cups fresh spinach
2 thin slices deli ham (1/2 ounce each)
Directions
Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat. On each half, make another lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2 in. of bottom.
Cover porkloin with plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4" thick.
Salt and pepper porkloin and sprinkle with half of the garlic powder.
Layer with the cheese, spinach and ham. Press down gently.

Roll up jelly-roll style and tie with kitchen string.
Sprinkle with remaining salt, garlic powder and pepper.
Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 25 minutes at 425° (thermometer reads 160°).
Notes: Salt very lightly, most porktenderloin is already salty. I only had shredded swiss, so that's what we used. A little bit messier but I think the cheese was distributed more evenly. We had leftover Easter ham, so that is the ham I used but still thinly sliced. This is a great easy recipe but looks so gourmet!

No comments: