I successfully made a dinner that Craig said was "to die for". Here it is:
Peanut/Rice Bowl (serves two)
1 1/2 c. cooked rice
1 c. peas
2 carrots julienned
2 scrambled eggs
1/4 c. peanut sauce (recipe below)
Pile all ingredients into a bowl.
Recipe for peanut sauce.
1/2 tsp oil
1 clove minced garlic
2 tsp fresh ginger (or a couple of dashes dried)
1/2 tsp chili paste (I just used 1/2 tsp chili powder
½ c. lowfat coconut milk
3 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
1 ½ tsp sugar (if I didn’t have unsweetened peanut butter, I’d probably omit the sugar)
1 ½ tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
juice of 1/2 lime
1. warm oil in small saucepan over medium-low heat
2. sauté garlic and ginger 3 minutes
3. add chili then coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
4. add peanut butter and mix well. Then add sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and fish sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. squeeze in lime then add sriracha to taste.