Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole



Ingredients:
1 lb sausage
1 pkg crescent rolls
1 c frozen hash browns, thawed
1 c grated cheddar cheese
5 eggs
1/4 c milk
salt & pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese

Press crescent rolls into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Brown sausage, drain, and put into the 9x13 on top of rolls. Add potatoes and cheese. In a small bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Notes: You can do some of these things the night before. I measured out a cup of the hash browns and put them in my fridge over night. I also browned the sausage the night before and mixed up the egg mixture. Then, in the morning its a quick combine it all and throw it in. Also, I didn't have crescent rolls when I made this one but I had buttermilk biscuits. It did take 1 1/2 tubes to cover the 9x13 but it turned out well. Also, you can add whatever "extras" you like- I've added green peppers and onions to the sausage layer, you could add some zucchini, mushrooms, etc.

No comments: